Tired of spending hours in front of your wardrobe not knowing what to wear? Dressing well without putting too much effort into it is a skill like any other which also means that it can be learned. Hopefully my tips that I’ve put together for you will make it easier for you!
- Look for inspiration – One of the purposes why I have this blog is to inspire people and show them how to style certain things which can sometimes be tricky to style, which is probably the case for many fashion blogs. So look for inspiration online for example Instagram is a great source for inspiration, in magazines, on celebrities and I myself often find inspiration just looking round shops.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a basic white top – Everyone should have a white t-shirt, black t-shirt, black jeans and white jeans in their wardrobe as they’re a great foundation for lots of outfits, and even I have days where I don’t know what to wear and that’s when I go back to the basics. It’s so easy to put an outfit together with a white t-shirt, black jeans, some silver jewellery, black leather jacket and some trainers or black biker boots and to make it more of an fashion magazine worthy outfit you can always chuck in some cool accessories like an chunky necklace, an statement bag (you can read more about what I mean when I say statement bags here) or use an bandanna as a scarf . Also another great alternative when you don’t know what to wear are stripes; stripes are always a good idea.
- Don’t clash colours – Personally I don’t really go for colourful clothes, I mostly wear black, white, grey, navy or pastel colours but when I do go for a colourful piece of clothing I make sure to pair it up with something more toned down like for example a flowery top with a navy pair of shorts furthermore there are colours which pair up with each other nicely like navy and red or yellow, grey and dust pink or burgundy and mustard yellow.
- Don’t be scared to try the latest trends – Don’t feel pressured into wearing the latest trends but also don’t be scared to try them as in every seasons trends there will be something for you.
- Annnd if after reading this post you still feel a bit clueless about how to style certain things or just want some advice in general feel more than welcome to message me!